I have several dozen links that needed to be added across several (nine) Word Press Installs. Adding them all one at a time was simply not an option due to the time involved in getting the job done. Having worked with Word Press for a while now, I figured the fastest solution was to simply import the mess of links straight into the WP databases.
I didn’t bother to look for plugins or extensions to do the job for the following reason: There was no prepared document with the information at hand.
This meant that no matter what solution I picked it was all going to have to be typed from scratch. Since this was going to be the case I figured that using a SQL document with the prepared inserts would be the most direct manner of handling the job.
I was looking for a quick way to display images in my blogroll in a way that would make the
<li> within the widget draw in a horizontal line (see the red blogroll below) instead of vertically (see blue blogroll). That way the images stack up fitting more than one image link per row.
Take a look at the graphic below to see what I mean.